Career Decision Coaching™
I will help you
You will take away:
- Two ideal career paths, based on what you really enjoy doing
- Clarity on how your career fits into the bigger picture of your life
- A comprehensive personal profile
- A large set of materials, including records of the process we went through & bonus reading
- A broad outline of steps you can take to finding employment in your chosen career.
If you are not satisfied that I have delivered on providing you with two ideal career paths, I won't charge you for the session.
What you get?
We help you come to a clear decision as to your future career direction.
How do we do it?
This is not just a technical process, it is a combination of a systematic exploration and a creative conclusion. We take a holistic approach, starting with a comprehensive picture of 'who you are', and ending with your ideal career.
How long does it take?
This is achieved in one session, of approximately 4 hours in length.
What does it cost?
The session, including all materials, costs $625. This is significantly less than most coaching consultations which usually charge around $300 for a single hour.
I am available for sessions via Skype, or may be available for a face to face session, depending on my teaching schedule. You can view the calendar here. In the USA I am available to see clients in Los Angeles.
Is this for you?
We help you identify your ideal career path.
This gives you the clarity and juice needed
to manifest your career. ----------------------->
However, this may be not be what you need.
Depending on what kind of obstacles you face,
you may need therapy, coaching, or vocational
guidance. See here for a comprehensive chart
showing what is needed for each obstancle.
To book a session
02 8064 7431
Firstly read the disclosure statement here.
Then fill in the client enrolment form here.
Here is what we cover in the session
- The background of what work means to you - parental and family attitudes, your experiences of work - positive and negative.
- Introducing a new model of the world of work
- Exploring your values, the central things that drive your interest in work.
- Exploring your dreams and inspiration. The sky is the limit!
- Identifying preexisting limiting factors or freedoms.
- New models of putting work, education and leisure together. Its about your choice.
- Exploring the question of quality of life in terms of education, and its link with work.
- Introduction of the skill tree model and the connection with education and work.
- Exploring the question of quality of life in terms of leisure, introducing new models of leisure, and looking at the relationship with your favourite skills.
- Identifying preferred types of work activity in terms of a three letter code which points to a range of job possibilities. You can use this every time you look at a job to see if it suits.
- Outlining different approaches to career choice: expert advice, occupational categories, experimentation, personality profiles, most enjoyed skills, income level, social conscience.
- Identifying income parameters and preferred degree of responsibility
The 3 skill model
- Introduction of the 3 skill model.
- Identification of your preferred skills in each dimension.
Naming your career
- Introducing a model of career change
- Using the skills tree formula for converting skills and knowledges to jobs and fields.
- Development of search questions for gathering information about career type.
How to find the ideal job
After arriving at your ideal career picture, we outline the subsequent step you can take yourself, or you may need further coaching support for implementation. We give you a range of resources that you can work through yourself, as well as places you can seek further support if needed.
- Using the five targeting questions to focus
- The swiss cheese theory: finding the perfect fit
- Identifying criteria to narrow the focus for a job/place of employment
- Doing research
- Parallels with self employment
- Developing a success team
- Where identifying further training needs fits into the picture
- The nature of a career plan & job hunt strategies
- Job hunting methods
- The use of contacts
- Ultimate Individual Targets
You will receive a copy of each step we take, extra reading and reference materials to take away, and you will be emailed a record of the entire process and outcomes.
What clients say
Incredible! I spent over 2 years trying to decide on a career direction. Steve managed to get me there in one session. I could finally get on with my life,.
Martin L. - Tour organiser
I enjoyed my work, but for many years felt restless as to whether there was something else I should be doing, whether I was just going with what was familiar and easy. Steve's session gave me instant clarity - I was on the right path; once I knew this, my doubt evaporated.
Lucy C. - Musician
Steve is good for his word. It was a long session, but by the end of it we found a new career path that was just perfect - thanks!
Dave P. - Recruiter